We generally do well with transition. We have both traveled extensively, lived in different countries, and the rhythm of motion suites us. However, as we move closer to the dream the anxiety and fears start to come in. So, we refocus on the desire that started it all; the longing to share our gifts and talents with the world, to be available to encourage reconciliation, growth and community where ever it might be. That is what drives us.
And so, I make lists. 🙂
- The House: We need to visit with our neighbors and let them know we will be saying goodbye. Put the sign in the yard. (I know that sounds simple, but it’s been 2 weeks since we got those signs and although I’ve blasted it all over the internet, the reluctance is there.)
- Garage Sale this weekend and again after the house sells: I’ve been weeding through our stuff. It ALL must go, but the process of striping in layers seems to be a bit more comforting. I know that when it is all gone I won’t miss it. I know this because the stuff we’ve already sold or given away is not missed. However, I’m more of a “tear the bandage off slowly, rather than one quick rip.” (pain is not my forte’)
- Continue researching Rigs: The initial thought was to get an RV and pull our van. But, we are also open to selling our van and purchasing a Truck and 5th wheel. There is much that will come into play as we research. We are looking for a home, so walking into an RV or 5th wheel it need to feel open. Cost is very important, understanding that we will be living on much less than we do know, we want to be responsible with our finances. So finding a rig that fits our budget is VERY important.
- Booking and looking for community: We can not do this alone, wandering around this land looking for work, trying to get by. We need community. We need others to see us in their big picture and invite us in. We reach out and hope and pray. Regions and Seasons are:
June – WI
July – WI, IL, IA, NE
Aug- MN, MI, IL
September- WI, NE, MO, IN
October- IA, NE, CO, ID, CA, OR
November- CA, OR, WA, MT
December- OR, WA, CA
January- CA, AZ, NM, NV, ID, UT
Feb- AZ, NM, KS, MO, AR, TN
- Kids: Graciana and Banjo are finishing up at St. Matthew’s School in Allouez. It is a supportive and kind community and we will miss them. Grace graduates in two weeks from 8th grade and Banjo will finish up 4th grade. We have them signed up for Wisconsin Virtual School and went with Grace yesterday to pick out her freshman year courses. They are both so excited for our new adventure. Banjo turns 10 in a few weeks. The day after our CD Launch. Time to start planning his party!